• Question: What kind of animals do you study? Does this mean you have to travel alot?

    Asked by thecheesieduckie to Indi on 15 Mar 2012.
    • Photo: Indi Ghangrekar

      Indi Ghangrekar answered on 15 Mar 2012:

      Hi thecheesieduckie, at the moment I study mice. For my last job I studied human heart cells and during my PhD I studied fruit flies. Unfortunately I don’t do any field work and study animals in the wild so I stay put in Manchester! I can travel to go to conferences or meetings to meet other researchers in my field and I’ve been to some in different parts of the UK and once went to New York, which was a lot of fun. It would be great to travel to far flung places to study animals in the wild though!